Sunday, 18 December 2016

Navy Star Tea Dress

DRESS: TOPSHOP (similar here) | JACKET: TOPSHOP | BOOTS: NEXT | BAG: YES STYLE 

Christmas is nearly upon us, 7 days away in fact and I am beyond excited! When it comes to Christmas day I feel there are two types of people: those that like to get a little dressed up, whether it be a nice festive dress or a donning a Christmas jumper and then there are those that like to just stay comfy in their pyjamas whether they be gifted or not. A few years ago I would say my family and I were the latter, but now I love nothing more than putting on a dress and a bit of make-up ready to start the Baileys at 10 in the morning and dance around to "All I Want For Christmas Is Youuuuuuu" until it's time for the anticipated dinner of the year, trimmings and all and it's only when it's all been consumed do we sometimes change into pyjamas to allow for the food babies to thrive and I think this years Christmas dress is this little number from Topshop.

I saw many a blogger rave about it, and it was around the time I also needed a dress for a party and so I went and snatched it up and it's just perfect. I feel it hits me in all the right places, the back is a little open with a tie up at the top for an extra flare, plus not to mention it has ruffles both front and back so it is right on trend! If I was going for a few drinks with friends then I'd definitely wear it how I've styled here but I will definitely be throwing it on with a chunky cardigan or jumper, tights and boots when I'm teaching in January. Not to mention how perfect it will be for this time next week, especially considering the pattern is actually ditsy stars and not polka dots like the photos perceive, I can definitely not wait to slip back into this! What do you like to wear Christmas day? Have you got an outfit planned?

I'd also like to give a little mention to my other half for helping me with these and possibly the next lot of photos as I really wanted to blog a lot more but always feel it's hard to get a hold of people to help with taking photos and I have always been a little self conscious in prancing around in front of him and a camera, but for his first time these were pretty good, although we will figure out a little more together I'm happy with how these turned out and how comfortable I felt, so hopefully expect a few more posts these next few months, although I am not promising anything as I start a 3 month teaching placement from January so we will try and shoot as much as possible in the week he has off, but I am excited!

I hope everyone is in the Christmas spirit and if not go and crack open that box of chocolates and stick a good festive film on! 

 Elizabeth Apps x







3 comments :

  1. We don't really dress up on Christmas Day, we stay in our pj's for like half the day and get dressed later on, deffo gonna wear my comfy Christmas jumper this year though! Absolutely adore your dress, the print is so cute and it looks lovely on you!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is beautiful, love this post & photos!

    Leeny Loves | www.leenyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. a stunning, elegant look more beautiful and fashionable, thanks for the information, keep working, warm slam of bloggers reliable, exchange link yuk.: obat leukimia / obat jantung

    ReplyDelete