Sunday, 11 December 2016

Christmas Gift Guide: For Him


So I don't think this going to be as detailed as the Gift Guide For Her, only because I'd be here for ages trying to think of lots of individual things like for the first gift guide and let me tell you it's very hard to shop for boys without going for the generic gift set of aftershave, hip flask, or crate of your dads favourite beverage. This was made with boyfriends in mind, but I'm sure you could grab some kind of inspiration to get your brother, friend or even your dad, just don't go buying them underwear, that could be the gag of a new joke or be a little awkward! But nonetheless, here we go!

You'd think with 2 brothers, a dad and a boyfriend of nearly 6 years I'd be pretty clued up with buying for guys, but nope every year I go through the same old, please can you just tell me exactly what you would like because then I don't have to worry about getting something you'd rather not have. This especially applies with my boyfriend as I've never met a boy quite so picky before. But I managed to pick a few fail safe things.

Clothing:I think picking out a jumper or hoodie of some sort is pretty easy, everyone needs to keep warm in these cold months ASOS do a whole range of jumpers and hoodies, especially if you're into things a bit more on the plain side unlike the hoody pictured, but if you like surf makes, (and enjoy the fact your boyfriend wears it all because you wish you lived in a country where you could wear it more often so you live vicariously through his style) then I recommend checking out surf sites like Surfdome, Animal, Oneill, Quicksilver. Along with clothing socks and in some cases underwear are quite fail safe and lets be honest all men wear through their socks so often that they are always in need of them! Some good places to get socks and underwear are ASOS and Topman.

Games: If the boys in your life are a little childish and still enjoy their games and shenanigans then I recommend checking their game stashes or even just asking if their is any games they've been thinking about and go out and purchases them, GAME  and Amazon are pretty good places to shop, but also your local supermarket generally has a section of all the latest games and plus the upside to this is you can get rid of them for a few hours or whole days and you can go an enjoy some quiet time! Also sometimes I like to get a novelty present even its just used for one day and I've never noticed how much entertainment a little toy gun can bring to a guy Nerf Guns have a great selection from big ones to mini ones, just think wisely before you purchase one, especially if you don't fancy being the target on Christmas day!

Accessories: Then there is nothing like getting them a few accessories and watches and sunglasses can work as well as hats, gloves and even a scarf because lets be honest a lot of boys don't buy these kinds of things. ASOS as always have you covered for guys accessories and sunglasses hut have you covered for all kinds of glasses for boys, as they're not just for summer! I'm forever putting mine on during the winter when it's sunny!

Music/Gigs/Event ideas: Music is a good option to go for too, if you know a guy that enjoys listening to music while showering then a bluetooth waterproof speaker is so ideal, not only can you ensure that they're phone won't get water logged because you can leave it next door but you don't have to worry about a speaker getting damaged, just make sure you have a great playlist as there is nothing worse than a song your not keen on coming on and you can't change it! Amazon have a fab selection! Also you could even get some tickets for a gig or even a comedy night anything that you could enjoy as a couple or give to a loved one to enjoy with someone else! ticketmaster offer a wide range of things to see and do around the UK and you can even change the country or just look into your local venues and see whats happening!

Food: Finally the little foody bits, no boy can resist some food and sticking some chocolate in a package doesn't ago a miss, obviously you can get any of this from your local supermarket ASDA, Sainsburys, M&S the list goes on! Also I know I mentioned it as generic gift but honestly for Christmas day a crate of the lads favourite drink wouldn't go a miss and again can be found at your local supermarket. 

And there you have it the ideas I came up with for a boy, I hope this has helped or inspired you to shop for the men in your life!

Elizabeth Apps x



10 comments :

  1. I think sunglasses are such a good idea! I've never thought of that before and I've actually never even heard it suggested anywhere. It's actually such a great idea though because they're a fashion piece that everyone can wear no matter what.

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, sunglasses are an all year round piece for sure so I think it makes a great gift idea!

      Delete
  2. Some great gift ideas for men, thanks for sharing 😊 Talking about sharing, I don't care if it's Terry's, when it comes to chocolate orange that baby is mine! 😍
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, give me a chocolate orange and it will not last! I need as many as I can get!

      Delete
  3. Great gift ideas!

    Bella x
    https://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ulala someones getting spoiled. I love these ideas especially the game and music. Thanks for sharing, I wish you and your family a very peaceful and joyful Christmas! Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha these aren't actually all of his presents, most of the things pictured are actually his already! Thank you I wish you and yours a Christmas filled with joy and laughter x

      Delete
  5. a stunning, elegant look more beautiful and fashionable, thanks for the information, keep working, warm slam of bloggers reliable, visit also featured blog for me: obat leukimia / obat jantung thank you for the article

    ReplyDelete
  6. töfrandi, glæsilegur útlit fleiri falleg og tísku, takk fyrir upplýsingarnar, halda áfram að vinna, heitt skellur bloggara áreiðanlegum, heimsækja einnig lögun blogg fyrir mig: þakka þér fyrir greinobat leukimia / obat jantung

    ReplyDelete