Sunday, 4 December 2016

Christmas Gift Guide: For Her


It's that wonderful time of year again, so what a good way to start the festive season then checking out a gift guide to help you find something for the special lady in your life whether it be a girlfriend, friend or family member I may have just the thing for you!
I tried to cover a lot of ideas in this edit trying to think of something for everyone, so although the pictures give you an idea I thought I'd go in depth in other ideas around the areas I've photographed to help, so keep reading to see other suggestions I may have!



Books: 
I am an avid book reader, theres nothing more I'd enjoy doing then curling up with a good book and here is a few that I'm sure would make perfect presents this year are BLOOM by Estee Lalonde, this is actually sitting waiting for me to read and people have nothing but positive things to say about it, it makes people laugh and cry and it just sounds like such a joy to read. Love Style Life and Capture Your Style these are probably more towards people that like fashion, enjoy taking photos and are into blogs and things, both on my wish list and can't wait to read. Then there is just your normal stories and I highly recommend: Into The Darkest CornerBehind Closed DoorsBefore I Go To Sleep, The Book of YouPoppy Day these are all fabulous reads if you know someone that loves a chilling thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat! But if you know someone that likes something a little lighter and more on the romantic side, but also a few book ideas that are quite sad in places then I also recommend: Everything EverythingAll the Bright PlacesThe Best of MeWILDLeft Neglected and finally a few book series I recommend are: DivergentNoughts & CrossesHunger Games, Maze Runner and Bridget Jones.

Candles: Who doesn't love a good smelling room/house, it is genuinely the first thing I notice about a room as a step through the door and so I really do ensure I have a good few candles in my room and the bloggers sure do know how to get you to have your eye set on a fair few, I think any brands such as DiptqueYankee CandleThe White CompanyNEOMJo MaloneAnthropologieBYREDO I mean I'd be here for ever listing candle brands in all honesty you just can't go wrong with a candle, although I would say you should either have a little sniff around (in a none creepy way) or out right ask what kind of scent is preferred as people can be quite picky as I for one don't like anything too sweet and sickly, unless it's Christmas than pass me the spiced apple and cinnamon scents!

Pyjamas: I don't think you can really go wrong with pyjamas, especially in the winter. I always look forward to getting in and after a day out in the cold putting my pyjamas on, especially if I've put them on the radiator to warm up! The best part is you can get them practically anywhere, ranging from no pattern to checkered, floral, graphic, you name it and it's probably on pyjamas, a few places I like to look is: Jack WillsTOPSHOPBodenCath KidstonASOS or even primark and if you want something a little different mermaid tail blankets have been a big thing this year and in all honesty I am hoping one will be under the tree for me as I love mermaids (I have my fair share of little mermaid pyjamas, which you can get from TOPSHOP) and I also love a blanket so it's win win! But if you want something a little more special then something like this ASOS, this ASOS and even this ASOS are just so pretty! But due to it being cold maybe supply a dressing gown to and this one looks super cosy TOPSHOP!

Boots/Shoes: Girls and shoes you say! There's boots, trainers, pumps, heels all kind of shoes to choose from! My favourite place to shop for boots are: ASOSTOPSHOPOffice, and in all honesty you can't go wrong with a black or brown pair. But then I am also a girl with a love of trainers, I love Vans, Converse, Nike, ADIDAS with a few of my favourite picks being: Old Skool VansNike Janoskislow top white converseADIDAS Stan SmithsVans Sk8-hiVans classic slipConverse hi tops.
Skincare/Makeup: Personally for this I recommend mostly that you perhaps rummage through her make up bag/drawer and see if she's running low or see what she uses most because from experience there is nothing I've appreciated more than finding someone has repurchased by mascara for me. A few brands I use and personally love are: L'Oreal - I get this mascara and I've also been recommend highlighter and foundationMaybelline - I get this mascara and concealer and lipstick from Rimmel. When it comes to skincare though again I think anyone would be happy to have it restocked for them! A couple of the brands I know I'd be happy to see under the tree are OriginsKHIELSClarinsCliniqueElizabeth Arden and Body Shop, I have linked to gift sets to make it easier to shop skincare sets, but anyone at the counter are usually happy to help you find the perfect products and here I will even list the sets that I know I'd enjoy or even any one thing from each set would be great to! Body Shop Vitamin EElizabeth Arden eight hourClinique great skin 1/2Clarins HydraQuenchKHIELS midnight recovery & KHIELS Fresh and Hydrated and Origins Rest & Recharge. Obviously though everyone's skin is different so it's best again to rummage and see what she uses first or go and talk to someone at the counters. 

Lingerie: If you're really unsure of what to get that special lady in your life then sometimes underwear could just well do the trick, most women love nothing more than getting a set, admiring the pretty colour/pattern/lace and putting on and feeling a 'million dollars' my all time favourite favourite place to get my underwear from is Rosie from Autograph, her sets are just beautiful, they come in a variety of styles and colours and the tiny details of a rose gold rose is gorgeous I live in my sets from her and if I could have every set then I definitely would. Other places I like to look for underwear are: TOPSHOPASOS, a lot of ladies like a bit of Victoria Secrets or if you're feeling really fancy and have a bit of cash to splash Agent Provocateur and if you want something a little more casual then I don't think any girl would say no to a set from Calvin Klein. But remember to make sure you look or even just ask what sizing they are for lingerie as you definitely don't want to get that wrong!

Perfume: This is something that is always on my list, it's just nice to be gifted a new fragrance instead of purchasing it yourself, again like the the candles make sure you take a look and smell what kind of scents they're into because again I like quite musky, not at all sweet kind of smells it really is a big thing if they're going to spray theirselves often they want to like the smell to so a few of my favourites and even ones I'd love to one day own are: Jo Malone - peony and blush suede and wood sage and sea salt being my go to's. TOM FORD - velvet orchid being a favourite but I also would like to try Black orchid and white patchouliYSL Black OpiumCOCO CHANELDolce and Gabbana The One   and one day I'd love to try Gypsy WaterReplicaBobbi Brown - Beach, Elizabeth and James - Nirvana White or Black and finally Si by Giorgio Armani

STOCKING FILLERS: Finally last, but by no means this is the section you manage to fill that stocking your other half has begged to do with you this year! This could be anything really in all honesty, a new diary or even a rifle paper co journal? A pair of cosy socks? Some gloves or a scarf or even a bobble hat? Or even just a lipbalm for your lips especially considering how much damage the cold weather can do and one that I swear by (and need to repurchase) is NUXE, used in the morning and night and anywhere in between if mine are really dry it does absolute wonders for my lips and my absolute favourite product! I know personally for me I love a new mug now and again there is just something about sipping a hot chocolate (or mulled wine) from a new mug that feels special and Anthropologie are on fire with their mug selection the monogram mugs are a big must (i think every blogger owns one) and I think it's around Christmas they always bring their gold foil versions out and my absolute favourite set they've bought out this year are Mimira mugs, look how pretty! If I had my own house I would have bought these all in a heartbeat. Also what more could you want from a stocking than finding chocolate. Chocolate coins were always at the bottom of my stocking as well as few Christmas tubes with a selection of favourite sweets or chocolates to pick from and also the good old terry's chocolate orange no stocking complete without one. Also if over 18 of course why not add a small bottle of your loved ones favourite beverage. Here in Brighton we have recently discovered Brighton Gin and although a big bottle is quite pricy a little one like in my pictures wouldn't go a miss and could start the beginning of your festive day, if you like a good drink to celebrate that is or if you can why not get a big bottle and plant it in the stocking and if you're not a fan of alcohol you could always add their favourite hot drink to go with that mug!

 So there you have it, my massive (well I think) pretty big gift guide ideas for all those special ladies in your life! I know I may have snuck a few things in her that I'd personally like for myself too so I'll just have to see myself won't I! I really hope this helped with ideas or even helped find that exact gift for you! Next up, Christmas Gift Guide: For Him!

Elizabeth Apps x




5 comments :

  1. Your photos are gorgeous and these are great ideas for gifts. Great post lovely!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this, so many gorgeous ideas! I certainly wouldn't mind receiving any of these for Christmas x

    Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice picks!


    Inspirational and stylish wall art for your home!
    http://www.printsandroses.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! That Hygge book is on my wishlist this year, it looks so good! And I got the Naked palette last year - a great gift for any girl :-)

    Ingrid | www.thatscandinavianfeeling.com

    ReplyDelete