Sunday, 26 June 2016

The Blue Stripe Dress


DRESS: ASOS | SANDALS: BIRKENSTOCKS VIA AMAZON | SUNGLASSES: H&M

After I saw Sammi where this during her trip to Santorini I knew I had to have it! Although it definitely screams Greek vibes I still couldn't help myself and in all honesty it was perfect for a day of trekking around Budapest. It never made me feel hot or sticky or even itchy in the hit and if anything I think it helped keep me cool even if we did have to stop for ice lollies and dips in fountains. I absolutely adore the rope belt as it gives such a beachy vibe, which as you all must know by now is right up my street! The one thing I will say though is I wish it didn't have the collar feature as for one you can see it stick out quite a bit at the back for me and two I just don't think collars particularly suit me in all honesty even though I have no idea why. Even so I'm sure I'll still get lots of wear out of it if the weather perks up in good old England as I want to wear it so much more!

Birks. What can you say about them? Every blogger had the, last year and they're still wearing them this year. I was put off by the price I couldn't part with that much money but after searching and searching trusty amazon came to the rescue and I think if I remember rightly I ended up saving a good £20 from purchasing through them, so if you're like me and can't part with the expensive pricing I really recommend checking out amazon because they really are as comfy as everyone says, I mean I walked around pretty much the whole of Budapest in them!

I moved back to Brighton from University in Roehampton a few weeks back and made the decision to spend my final year commuting from home after lots of discussions with friends and family and a pretty rough year. Although I felt a little sad that I won't be fully involved in University activities like everyone else will be, I do feel like it was the best choice considering every time I had to go back after a weekend or a holiday I would end up crying (insert monkey covering the eyes). I do also need to remember that I have a few wonderful people that still will be living near the University that have said they're more than happy to house me if I want to join in the events and nights out as well which would be exciting! Also starting September it's only 9 months and then I'll be closing the University chapter and entering the real adult world so I can definitely do this and as well as it holding nerves I do feel quite excited knowing I don't have to leave this wonderful city of Brighton!

Elizabeth Apps x


















































15 comments :

  1. This is the perfect holiday outfit, love that dress on you! I just got back from Budapest too, what a coincidence <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I love that tassel belt!


    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute look, it’s a nice way of styling…
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    Instagram @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute outfit ! I love those strips !

    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these stripes!! Especially with the Birkenstocks!

    mallory | http://www.the-drifter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this dress - perfect for holidays, I love the rope belt too!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit, it suits you perfectly!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress has been on my wish list the whole summer! I absolutely love it on you!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a lovely dress!

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look! I love stripes :)

    Liz
    www.liznroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore this dress, so stylish!

    -xx, Sia
    http://www.siafoch.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this on you! It looks so comfy & cool

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome dress! Very summery & Mediterranean look. Looks great with the sandals!

    Kendz,
    www.likemardons.co.uk

    ReplyDelete