Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Winter Capsule Wardrobe

 *This is not every item in my capsule wardrobe.

As previously mentioned I decided to have ago at the whole capsule wardrobe idea. After taking a long hard look at my wardrobe I took out things I hadn't really worn and were just gathering dust and even items that I knew I couldn't possibly wear during these cold months and simply stored them away. I still feel as though my wardrobe is rather big but by the 31st of March if I have items that I haven't touched they'll be getting the boot, as well as perhaps bringing new additions into my wardrobe! So here we go, I'm so excited to finally show off my first capsule!




Admittedly I've really struggled with coming up with what I want my wardrobe to look like and in all honesty I'm still finding my style, I want to have a minimalist style like Sammi, Olivia and Georgia, but then I also want to have a beachy, surf type vibe running through it and I'm really struggling to get it all into one! But instead of stressing  I've decided to take each step as a process, whether that be while I buy clothes or while I wait out to the next season and still aimlessly look through pinterest or scroll through blogs for ideas to finally settle on a wardrobe I know I'll one day absolutely 100% love, because I know just like Caroline I one day want 4 wardrobes where I literally pull them out each season and changing only a few things where necessary. while I already know the kinds of things I want added to the wardrobe I'm just noting them down and browsing to see if they will make an appearance when the time comes to changing my wardrobe up.


So so far in my wardrobe I have left myself with 5 shirts, 7 tops/tees, 4 dresses, 5 cardigans, 6 jumpers, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 skirts, 5 jackets/coats and 5 pairs of shoes so altogether I have 42 items in my wardrobe which actually sounds like so many items so if I do actually wear and love every piece of clothing then dressing shouldn't be a problem and to be fair a lot of these items will actually be following me into every season due to England having such ups and downs with their weather so I think especially in seasons like summer I could end up with more items, but a capsule wardrobe isn't about being really sensitive of the numbers, but just ending up with a perfect wardrobe for you.

I really hope that I can start actually showing you all these outfits at some stage, whether that be learning to take the photos solo or finding someone willing to come and help me shoot.

Have you started making a capsule wardrobe, or are you interested?

Elizabeth Apps x




13 comments :

  1. I absolutely love that check shirt in the first photo! I'm the worst at buying clothes (like I never ever do), so I like to think I have a bit of a capsule wardrobe haha! Good Luck with it!
    xo April | April Everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these x

    http://www.wildfolkco.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Really amazing pieces! Totally love that denim jacket! Would love to get a similar one <3
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been really interested in creating a capsule wardrobe, but like you, I have too many different "styles" to really pare it down. Would love to see your outfits throughout though!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these picks!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. uuh wunderful picks here. I always love flannel shirts with jeans
    www.thefashionfraction.comxq

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried making a capsule wardrobe but I keep failing miserably because I'm so indecisive! You look like you've done a better attempt than me!

    Rosie x

    thediyapothecary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to say, you're very good at the whole capsule wardrobe and every time I see yours I want to try it again and again, just no will power haha. Your pictures are great though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of a capsule wardrobe! I think I have too many pieces to have one myself but I make sure everything can be worn together. Good luck with this, looking forward to future posts on it - especially some ootd's hopefully! x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the outfit!
    Good vibes, Fox
    Check out my blog Wanderlife

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just a girl living a big dream in this small world; I am a fashion, beauty, & lifestyle blogger. This blog is to inspire, give suggestions, and have fun with what I share. I also want such more post here. Have a good day for all.
    Thanks
    Linda
    best birthday present
    best gift ideas for girlfriend
    cheap christmas gift ideas
    best toddler shoes
    clothing styles

    ReplyDelete