Thursday, 28 January 2016

Barcelona: Part One

In December just before Christmas Sam and I flew off to Barcelona thanks to Sam who bought the trip for my 21st birthday! For years I have been full of wanderlust and always liked the idea of visiting new places so the plan I have is each year we travel somewhere new, until we can afford to do a proper round trip and visit lots of places all in one go, so with this in mind we though during the winter would be the perfect time to go and explore a city abroad.


Our first proper day we decided to head straight for Parc Güell as after searching up places to visit on pinterest this was on of the first to grab my attention, I loved the look of the mosaic and so we walked up the steepest hill that due to its height their were actually escalators for you to take! To get all the way to the Parc and courtesy of Sam the picture above can give you an indication as to what we had to endure! But the walk was definitely worth it, I was absolutely mesmerised by the mosaic and couldn't stop taking photo's, it was actually quite warm that day so we rested for a while then got an ice cream and wandered around and around the park for a few hours, the whole places was just beautiful. After that we headed back to La Rambla due to our hotel being literally right above the strip and went straight for La Boqueria Market.


Every single day Sam and I got one of the juices before heading back to the hotel, due to the fact we walked pretty much everywhere we always need one to quench our thirst and they were delicious, why don't England sell them?! La Boqueria Market was amazing and just like I'd heard, we helped ourselves to the christmas chocolates which were delicious, I actually took so much confidence to get these photos so we came here pretty much everyday (sorry Sam!) but it was worth it because I loved looking at all the stalls. Although we didn't get tapas in the market we definitely feasted on it and if you've had tapas here in England, wait till you have it in Spain, it will not compare, we feasted on tapas bravas, chorizo, chicken wings, the whole lot and washed it all down with cocktails, I was actually worried it wouldn't feel Sam but surprisingly he was pretty satisfied and very happy with his first go at tapas!
 We also visited the harbour frequently which looked beautiful at night and when walking back to the hotel we saw these fountains and I at first thought it is font magica (oops!) but none the less we did stop and look at the fountains for a while which were absolutely stunning with their lights and slight dancing! So after all of this wondering and exploring in the first few days we were beginning to become pooped, but we had lots more exploring to do so stay tuned for part two!

Elizabeth Apps x






6 comments :

  1. I loved the first photo! It looks so pretty and summery, even though it's winter!

    lovely post,
    Daizy| from www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I could do with one of those chocolates right now though I probably shouldn't! Barcelona looks beautiful, I'd love to visit one day. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish to go to Barcelona too. And, those cut fruits in the cup, I wish we had those here in our place. But I can still use/buy fresh fruits and cut them, right?
    I loved reading this post.
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog - lovely photos of Barcelona! They're making me want to go back and visit! Love, Ana xx
    www.namastefromananya.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barcelona looks absolutely amazing! It's definitely on my list of places to visit!
    xo April | April Everyday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Barcelona. I was there this summer and it's on my lost to blog about. I also went to those spots. Park Guell and La Sagrada Familia had been on my must-see list for years. I didn't have juice but had tons of gelato. Some of the best I've ever had is in Boquiera. :)
    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete