Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Grey british summer

DRESS (worn as a slight duster coat type layer) TOPSHOP | CAMI: TOPSHOP | JEANS: TOPSHOP | SHOES: TOPSHOP | BAG: SPANISH MARKET



I think from the looks of things I was having a very 'topshoppy' kind of day. I didn't actually realise until later on in the day that everything was topshop, but hey who's complaining they do have some absolutely amazing stuff in at the moment and it doesn't help that I'm surrounded by it on a very frequent basis due to being lucky enough to land a job with them over the summer.


My friend recently purchased one of these shirt dresses and on a night out wore it over her outfit as an extra layer, we called it the make shift duster coat and so I went straight home and grabbed this from my sister's wardrobe and I have to say it is probably one of my favourite outfits at the moment. I really think the dress left undone really adds something to a very simple outfit and I must admit I did feel a tad 'trendy'.

I am also absolutely in love with these shoes, I am a girl who never ever ever wears heels, you wouldn't even catch me in heels on a night out I am forever in converse or sandals/flip flops weather depending, but since starting to work at Topshop I felt like I needed to step it up in the shoe department and I thought these were just right, because okay yes they do have a heel but to be honest I wouldn't be able to tell, they are so comfy and feel exactly like wearing flats for me but with the added tiny bit of height, which is very important for someone that stands at 5'2, and to be honest I really think they make my outfits look a bit more put together, even if I just throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, I am truly in love.

I hope that soon the weather will grace us with its beautiful raise of heat that I always seem to miss and my days off, which tend to always be filled with grey skys, I now understand the pain people who work in the summer finally go through! But yes, I hope it comes back soon as I have quite a few summery outfits I hope to share with you.



Elizabeth Apps x














No comments:

Post a Comment