Friday, 7 February 2014

City and Colour

 Okay so the photos aren't the best quality, but hey when you're not allowed to take your DSLR into the concert this is the best I could do!




I thought that although this is mainly for posting my outfits, I wanted it to also be something that I could look back on, like a mini diary shall we say and so I knew I wanted to include the event of seeing City and Colour on my blog. I must admit I did first hear him on One Tree Hill (if you have never seen this TV series, where have you been?!) and I know a lot of people would say that you can't really like someone from a TV series because you heard a couple of songs, but I downloaded his albums and fell in love with every song and ever since then I had been dying to see him live, so when Sam presented me with tickets for my birthday back in September I had been waiting in anticipation for the arrival of the 4th of February ever since.

It was all so surreal when we were finally standing and listening to him play in real life, he played many favourites of mine including 'The Girl', which I know is probably the obvious choice as a favourite as a lot of people know him most for this song, but it really is such a beautiful song (I may, or may not have shed a tiny tear when it came on) And with the crowd singing in perfect timing with him it really was one of those moments that left you feeling fuzzy and warm inside. As well as songs that made you sway there was also some bouncing around to some of his more upbeat songs that he played such as 'Thirst' which is another favourite of mine it really did give me such a buzz of energy and I really was left feeling happy once leaving after the show.

Elizabeth Apps x

6 comments :

  1. Amazing post!!
    Would you like to follow each other?! Let me know!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a City and Colour gig but everyone always has good things to say. Love the moodiness of these photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethhhhhh, I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, Rules etc are on here http://sapphiresaysfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/tag-liebster-blog-award.html#comment-form :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an awesome band!
    love this post
    -MJ
    marleeandyou.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete