Monday, 25 November 2013

cold coffee and autumn leaves


COAT - TOPSHOP, SCARF - EBAY, CARDIGAN - TOPSHOP (old), T-SHIRT - H&M,
 SKIRT - URBAN OUTFITTERS (similar here), BAG - ROUTE ONE (boyfriends)



So this is my third time restarting my blog, and you know what they say 'third time lucky'. I deleted all my posts because I have a thing about liking things to look neat and pretty and if it's not I end up at some point deleting it, but I've decided this time that I won't do that, there's always rooms for improvement and I can only get better at blogging as the time goes on, plus I'm pretty happy with these photos.

Forever I had been wanting a duffle coat, I just thought they looked so warm and wintery so I jumped at the chance to get one for my birthday, but unfortunately my confidence got the better of me and it stayed in my wardrobe with the tags on for over two month until recently when I plucked up the courage to wear it, and although I don't feel 100% confident in it, it is growing on me and is very warm, plus I love teaming it with my tartan scarf!

Now, I've had the skirt and cardigan for absolutely ages, but stopped wearing them as I never knew what they went with until I finally went and bought just a plain white t-shirt and voilà created an outfit that all goes together and I just thought that the burgundy colours on the flowers and cardigan were just perfect for this autumn and I could even layer it up with a jumper or something!



 After the lovely Saffy, (who has a youtube linked to her name and also her own blog which is here) took my photos for me we headed to starbucks to warm up and de-chill us, we both went for a new drink in starbucks which I think will only be seasonal, sadly, but which was the orange hot chocolate and it was absolutely amazing, think of a blend between terry's chocolate orange and a orange cream from the quality streets and that's exactly the taste of this drink. I will definitely be back for it again especially considering I am a sucker for anything that is orange chocolate. We sat and talked excitedly about what we'd just shot and as the sun went down we went out to take a photo of the pretty christmas lights which really do make Brighton looking very lovely and festive.

Elizabeth Apps x 

6 comments :

  1. The flower skirt is really cute ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I've always liked it :)
      x

      Delete
  2. your sweater looks so comfy and cute! i love grabbing warm coffee in the cold weather!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really is so nice and slouchy! It really is a nice little pleasure of winter, especially if the coffee is on the seasonal menu :)
      x

      Delete
  3. I like your style, I think its quite similar to mine! I just found your blog and am now following along.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete